Do you often fall sick? Does cough and cold never leave you alone? If yes, this blog is especially for you. Here, we’ll discuss how you can enhance your immunity and save yourself from such scenarios. Though, there are so many ways to improve your immunity, one of them is to include those food items that support your immune system.
Here is a list of 5 food items you should include in your diet.
- Oranges contain Vitamin C and it helps build your immune system. A big orange contains almost 100 mg of Vitamin C.
- Free radicals ruin healthy cells in your body. Vitamin C in oranges help divert these free radicals.
- You should take Vitamin C before you catch the flu.
- It contains anti nausea, antioxidants, anti cancer, and anti inflammatory properties.
- Make ginger tea by just steeping some ginger in hot water.
3. Red Bell Peppers
- These are rich in Vitamin C. You can fulfill 169% of your recommended levels of Vitamin C with a single medium sized bell pepper.
- It also contains Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps your immune system get rid of infections.
- Add it in your daily diet to give your body a boost of nutrients.
- It is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Vitamin C helps in production of more white blood cells. So, helping your body protect itself from viruses and infections.
- When you crush or chew garlic, it turns into a compound called allicin. Then, it quickly turns into other sulphur-containing compounds. These compounds help white blood cells to fight certain types of viruses.
6. Other tips to enhance your immunity
Eat food items rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These will help your immune system be healthy and strong. Below are some tips that can give your immune system an edge.
- Sleep well
- Exercise everyday
- Get Vitamin D from Sun
- Maintain a healthy weight